Friday, June 15, 2012

Protests, Vaginas, and Religious Freedom.

On June 12, I went back to Lansing to protest House Bills 5711-5713, which would make it next to impossible to get an abortion in the state of Michigan. Unfortunately, I caught something that day and was confined to my couch feeling miserable until last night, so I didn't get to go to the second protest that was yesterday. However, I found out that one of my favourite legislators of ALL TIME was banned from speaking because she said the word "vagina." I had no idea that vagina was a dirty word. I swear like a sailor all the time and was never aware of this. Maybe I should just start slipping it into conversation? "Oh hi, grandma! How's your vagina, today?" On second thought, that would be weird because I'm pretty sure that my granny is post-menopause. Anyway, here's the video:




As I said before, I love Lisa Brown. I have had the pleasure of speaking with her a few times and I find that she is a fiercely intelligent woman, as well as being possibly one of the nicest legislators I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. I also think that this shit is on. Someone finally and officially stood up to the jackasses who have been running our country into the ground. You rock, Lisa!

Unfortunately, the fuckers (who know who you are) passed the bills. *sigh* I guess I'll have to go back in the fall to the Senate and protest again.

Here are some pictures:
(Courtesy of the Detroit Free Press)





















Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment