Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Troll in My Western Religions Class

Well, one of the people that I thought wouldn't make it through the semester has stayed in the class. Good on ya, blonde lady! Unfortunately, "guy-with-a-southern-accent-who-reminds-me-of-my-scary-great-uncle" did not make the cut. He stopped coming after the professor admitted to being a secular humanist. Well done!
So yesterday, in class, we were supposed to be studying Islam. I was looking forward to it. Then the conversation got derailed by this Catholic guy in class who apparently wanted to talk about Catholicism. It was like I was living in a Facebook debate. STFU Catholic guy! (Someone called him Captain Catholic. I think that will be his new name forever.) I get that the professor is supposed to shut that shit down, but there is only so much he can do in the face of trolls.

Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment